Polar Bear Hunting & Nursing
April 7 – April 14, 2019
- Svalbard Frozen Arctic Experience: 15 years
- Where: Svalbard, Norway
- Duration: 7 days
- Max No. of Guests: 3
- Pricing: Download our Polar Bear Hunting Nursing Adventure Travel Brochure
- Hunter hut and Tent
- Activities: photography, polar bear mother and cubs, nursing, hunting
- Topside daytime -5C to 25C
- Night time -20c to -40c <
– Arrive: Fly into Longyearbyen Svalbard and
transfer to our 5 stars designated hotel.Day 2
– Early morning move to “staging area” check all our cold weather gear. have a fast course in snow Mobile driving; pack our personal, cameras and team gear, fuel, and food on sleds. There are two main areas for shadowing and filming polar Bear. Both areas are strict control, and permit required. The selection which area will be prime for photography to be decided at the time of our arrival. Based on the selected zone of operation our accommodation will be either at hunter huts or in the reviving Russian hotel style, equal to half star…heated, no water and limited food.Days 3 – 6
– Everyday our experienced guide (they are the best the field leading the BBC, NG and other Tv productions) will decide which hours we shall operate morning or afternoon, following other guides report…we shall go for 10 to 14 hours daily, in search and shadowing female with her one or two cubs. We stop on the way for quick camping style meals and hot tea, while we continue searching…When we spot a bear family, the guide will instruct us on the next step, either we move together or we move our camera gear on one sled, leave our vehicle behind climb on the guide sled and get close and as quiet as possible to the Bear…assemble our tripod and camera and wait quietly and with lots of patience…we will do it few times a day till we have our moment.Days 7
– After day in search and hopefully few good sighting we start making our way back to town Longyearbyen. return our borrowed clothing gear and the trusted snow mobile that served us so well. After good shower in hot water, we meet for farewell dinner at your 5 stars hotel.Day 8
– Transfer according to your flight to airport for you next destination.
This experience is unlike anything that has been offered to the public before and until now has been exclusively available to large-scale professional productions such as BBC, national geographic, and iMAX. Amos has known and worked closely with this particular outfitter in svalbard for the last twenty years and they are the absolute best at what they do. They will make sure that you are fully geared to handle just about anything the Arctic environment could throw at you including providing each guest with a personal snowmobile, helmet, gloves, goggles, boots, water and wind-proof survival suit, and even survival training. These guides have an unprecedented level of expertise and are
highly sought after for high stakes shooting assignments and costly productions.
There is no better way to observe polar bears hunting in their natural environment of frozen snow and ice than with this Big Animals expedition to our polar north.
There is only space for two guests and we like to keep it this way for a variety of reasons. Overcrowding is a chronic problem for photographers looking to capture natural animal behaviors and unique images, and our small expedition size ensures that will never be an issue. it also means that each guest will have a uniquely personal experience and the absolute best chances possible to capture rare images and footage of polar bears hunting. Most importantly, a small group is far less likely to disturb the bears in comparison to a large one, and this is critical for the sustainability of the activity. We must not alter their environment or change their behavior in any way, so we will remain a minimum of 200 feet away from the bears at all times.
- 6 nights at our safari camp– accommodations plus all meals
- 5 days of exclusive crocodile diving photo services with Amos and Walter
- All diving equipment, including tanks and weights
- medic escort
- Film permits, taxes and fees
- Excess gear transport, ground transport across Botswana
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- international flight
- charter flight in Botswana
- hotel overnight in Johannesburg
- Gratuities to crew
- items of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry and drinks
- items not mentioned above
PAYMENT & DEPOSIT POLICY
When we receive your deposit, we will send you a comprehensive and detailed Trip Preparation Bulletin about the experience and the destination. All trip costs are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation is confirmed.
- A deposit of 33% of the total trip price is required to secure space on the trip.
- Full payment is due no later than 90 days before departure.
- We reserve the right to sell any space that is not paid in full by 60 days before departure.
- Cancellation Policy
- Must be made in writing.
- More than 90 days before trip: Deposit will be refunded in full.
- 90 days or less before trip: Deposit will be refunded if space is sold, less unrecoverable costs of sales, and administration costs.
- No refund is made for unused part of the itinerary.
- The following are subject to change:
- Cost of services which are not included in the expedition price
- Flight time and schedule
- Weather, water temperature, and animal behavior
Insurance: you MUST provide proof of travel and diving insurance
Question - how can we help?
Amos has 30 years experience diving with Great White Sharks off Long Island New York, Australia, South Africa, and off the Farallon Islands, San Francisco.
Amos is also a very accomplished professional photographer who was the BBC wildlife photographer of the year in 2007 and 2008.
Throughout your trip Amos will be available to provide you with expert coaching on various aspects of photographing the sharks and their environment, with special attention paid to how to get the best performance from your equipment using both strobes and ambient-light photography.
Polar Bear Nursing & Predation
DISCOVER MORE BIGANIMALS GLOBAL ADVENTURE TRAVEL EXPEDITIONS
2018 Adventure Travel Expeditions
2019 Adventure Travel Expeditions
2020 Adventure Travel Expeditions
We Offer the Best in Adventure Travel
BigAnimals Global Expeditions offers the best of adventure travel. We explore with a purpose. We seek to view and learn about ocean giants and endangered species. Our efforts have earned us a 100% success and safety record. Join us for an unforgettable, life changing adventure travel experience you will never forget.
For over 40 years BigAnimals Global Expeditions has been leading premier adventure travel for explorers, scuba divers and non-divers, snorkelers, and photographers. Everyone is welcome. Come experience BigAnimals Global Expeditions.