ORCAS HUNTING MOBULA RAYS
6 Days of Free Diving in a Protected Destination
May 4-11, 2019 – Sold Out
May 11-18, 2019
May 18-25, 2019 – Sold Out
May 25 – June 1, 2019
June 1 – 8, 2019
Up to 5 Guests
$10,900 per person
- Where: Protected destination shared when you book
- Duration: 6 days
- Max No. of Guests: 5
- Transportation: Motorboat
- Pricing: $10,900 per person
- Activities: Free diving, snorkeling, Scuba diving with pony tanks, photography, videography
- Temperature: Warm water
This land-based expedition has dynamic and active logistics which require us to be adaptive and flexible. We spend six days diving, filming and photographing. To keep up with the orcas, our accommodations will shift as needed.
Witness and photograph the unique predation behavior of Orcas as they hunt Mobula rays (devil fish). To limit our impact on the rays and whales, this exclusive expedition is offered to just 5 guests. You will be in position to capture incredible, one-of-a-kind photographs and video. Guests can free dive, scuba or snorkel with the orcas. Diving with included small pony tanks helps you enjoy the action while breathing easy.
A Little More
This is an exclusive adventure offered only by BigAnimals Global Expeditions. We offer this expedition for just five weeks each year, at the height of orca predation behavior. We will free dive, snorkel and scuba with these apex predators as they seek out meals in vast shoals of Mobula rays. Also known as devil fish, these rays can leap into the air as they attempt escape.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 6 days of finding orcas
- Aerial scouting for orca pods
- Up to 6 days of free diving, snorkeling and scuba diving
- Pony tanks and harness
- 5 guests per trip
- Expedition leader Amos Nachoum
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights
- Hotel accommodation
- Ground transportation (if needed)
PAYMENT & DEPOSIT POLICY
Trip details such as dates, prices and vessel, are subject to change without prior notice — unless your deposit is received and application is approved.
When we receive your deposit, we will send you a comprehensive and detailed Trip Preparation Bulletin about the experience and the destination. All trip costs are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation is confirmed. A deposit of 33% of the total trip price is required to secure space on the trip. Full payment is due no later than 90 days before departure. We reserve the right to sell any space that is not paid in full by 60 days before departure.
- Must be made in writing.
- More than 90 days before trip: Deposit will be refunded less administration fee and processing.
- 90 days or less before trip: Deposit will be refunded if space is sold, less unrecoverable costs of sales, and administration costs.
- No refund is made for unused part of the itinerary.
- Cost of services not included in the expedition price, flight time and schedule, weather, water temperature, and animal behavior are all subject to change.
Insurance: You MUST provide proof of travel and diving insurance
Question - how can we help?
Amos has over 30 years experience as a wildlife adventure guide and photography coach. He was the BBC wildlife photographer of the year in 2007 and 2008.
He will be coaching individuals on wide-angle and ambient-light photography of big animals.
Amos’ explorations have been featured on National Geographic, BBC and the Discovery Channel. BigAnimals Global Expeditions recreates the same adventures and photo opportunities for you.
Amos uses his leadership and photography skills to artfully capture the lives of ocean giants whose existence is under threat, but whose hope of survival is linked to us communicating the truth.
BigAnimals Global Expeditions are designed to add value to your life experience, to generate attention for endangered species, to aid in their preservation and to provoke public awareness and opinion.