GALAPAGOS SCUBA DIVING
2 WEEK ADVENTURE in ECUADOR
August 3-19, 2019
September 12- 27, 2020
Up to 12 Guests
$12,900 per person
- Galapagos Experience: 28 years
- Where: Galapagos, Ecuador
- Duration: 17 days
- Max No. of Guests: 12
- Vessel: 140′ SharkWater
- Pricing: $12,900 per person
- Activities: Diving
- Water 65° – 78°F
- Land 60°F+
– Arrive in Guayaquil and stay overnight
– Fly out to st. Cristobal and board
Galapagos sky. First checkout dive.
Days 3 – 13
– Dive Darwin and Wolf Islands
Days 14 – 15
– Cape Douglas
– St. Cristobal and departure back
– Depart Ecuador
Darwin and Wolf Islands
Uninhabited Darwin Island, recognizable by its iconic natural rock arch, is one of the smallest islands (one-quarter mile or a single kilometer) in the Galápagos Archipelago. Oﬀering no dry landing sites, Darwin’s attractions are found below the surface of the Pacific Ocean, one that is teeming with marine life. Wolf Island, approximately 25 miles (40 km) from Darwin, has sea-mounts located between the two islands. Without land access to either island, the only visitors are scuba divers. Enjoying this ocean wonderland by ourselves is a real possibility on this Galapagos scuba diving this.
Darwin and Wolf, the most remote volcanic islands in the archipelago are one hundred miles northwest of our departure point on Isabela Island. Considered to be almost two million years old, they are the remains of a massive, mostly subsurface extinct volcano, one that towers 300 feet (1000 m) above the sea floor.
The 36,000 square mile archipelago consists of sixteen islands each formed by a single large shield volcano. Isabela, the largest covering 1,700 square miles, was formed by a total of six sub-surface volcanoes. Galápagos Archipelago is considered one of the world’s most active oceanic volcano areas.
Galapagos Scuba Diving
2 weeks long and each dive is an adrenaline rush filled with photo opportunities. August to October is the prime time for our fourteen diving days of fun-filled action. When our lens aren’t focusing on schools of hammerheads and whale sharks, we’ll dive with aerobatic giant mantas, curious Galápagos, silky and black tip sharks, bottlenose dolphins, and schools of yellow fin tuna chasing mackerel bait balls.
During our motor to and from the outlying islands of Wolf and Darwin, we’ll explore Charles Darwin’s islands featuring unique endemic species: marine iguanas, magnificent frigate birds, blue-footed boobies, red sally lightfoot crabs, Galápagos sea lions and penguins, perhaps even the endangered giant tortoise.
Unlike other expeditions, we have secured special permission to explore the Galápagos for an extended week or a total of 14 days. This will allow us to enjoy the thrill of remote Wolf and Darwin for a longer time frame as well as explore the Archipelago’s islands, so we can capture unique photo opportunities provided by the endemic species of Galápagos.
- 14 days on board SharkWater
- 14 days of diving – up to four dives per day
- Air Cylinders and weights
- Nitrox on board for certified divers
- National park, Tourist and Chamber fees
- All meals and soft drinks on board
- 12 guests
- Amos – expedition leader
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights
- hotel reservation in Guayaquil (one night on arrival & one night before departure)
- Airport transfers
- rental of dive gear
- personal charges such as laundry, meals a shore, bar, and telecommunication charges
PAYMENT & DEPOSIT POLICY
When we receive your deposit, we will send you a comprehensive and detailed Trip Preparation Bulletin about the experience and the destination. All trip costs are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation is confirmed.
- A deposit of 33% of the total trip price is required to secure space on the trip.
- Full payment is due no later than 90 days before departure.
- We reserve the right to sell any space that is not paid in full by 60 days before departure.
- Cancellation Policy
- Must be made in writing.
- More than 90 days before trip: Deposit will be refunded in full.
- 90 days or less before trip: Deposit will be refunded if space is sold, less unrecoverable costs of sales, and administration costs.
- No refund is made for unused part of the itinerary.
- The following are subject to change:
- Cost of services which are not included in the expedition price
- Flight time and schedule
- Weather, water temperature, and animal behavior
Insurance: you MUST provide proof of travel and diving insurance
Question - how can we help?
Amos has 30 years experience diving with Great White Sharks off Long Island New York, Australia, South Africa, and off the Farallon Islands, San Francisco.
Amos is also a very accomplished professional photographer who was the BBC wildlife photographer of the year in 2007 and 2008.
Throughout your trip Amos will be available to provide you with expert coaching on various aspects of photographing the sharks and their environment, with special attention paid to how to get the best performance from your equipment using both strobes and ambient-light photography.