2015: February 21 – 25
2016: February 24 – 28
Clear, calm, beautiful, blue water — sharks. For years, large shark encounters have made this one of the premier dive destinations in the world among professional photographers, videographers and shark lovers alike. With numerous species of shark frequenting this area, you have opportunities to see Tiger Sharks of course, but also many other species, like Lemon Sharks, Caribbean Reef Sharks, Nurse Sharks, and Hammerheads.
- Guide: Amanda Cotton
- Tiger Shark Experience: 5 years
- Where: Freeport, Bahamas
- Duration: 5 days, 3 days diving
- Max No. of Guests: 8
- 2014 Pricing*: $3,300 per person based on double occupancy)
- Registration:* Deposit is 33% of trip price
- Accommodations: http://www.bluemarlincove.com
- Activities: Diving
- Amanda Cotton
- Expedition Overview
- Included In Price
- Not Included In Price
- Payment & Deposit Policy
Day 1: Feb. 13 Arrive at Freeport, Grand Bahamas
Guests will take a taxi for the thirty-minute ride to your accommodations. You’ll have the day to relax, unpack, and get your gear ready….the adventure begins tomorrow.
The group will choose Three days itinerary. Our team knows the best areas to find a variety of shark species. Filming Tiger, Lemon and possibly Hammerhead shark too. We’ll board the boat early and usually stay out on the water all day.
Day 5: Departing Grand Bahamas
There are several daily flights leaving Freeport, Grand Bahamas. Most will leave on the earlier flight in order to make same-day connections on to their final destination. Your transportation will arrive at 7am to take you to the airport
Professional Nikon Photographer specializing in underwater imagery. As an avid scuba diver and ocean enthusiast, Amanda’s goal is to help the general public embrace the beauty below the waves, in hopes that with awareness comes concern.
She received her Bachelor of Arts in Professional Photography while attending Brooks Institute of Photography, where she participated in the highly acclaimed Underseas Program established by Ernie Brooks. She has received numerous awards for her photography including several from the International Photographers Awards (IPA), Celebrate The Sea, Underwater Photography Annual Awards, as well as many others.
For many years now, the Tiger Sharks have been taking front stage at Tiger Beach and changing the perception of these top predators. Thanks to the foresight of the Bahamas, making all waters surrounding the nation’s islands a marine sanctuary, we are able to enjoy the benefits of a healthy marine ecosystem.
The reefs near tiger beach have a vast array of marine life, hard corals and soft corals. Visibility can reach well over 100 feet and you mix in some of the local reef sharks, you have a dream dive for many nature enthusiasts. After an amazing dive on the reef, you can skip your surface interval and take a short boat ride into the shallows where groups of lemon sharks easily number over 30 on good days.
Don’t be mesmerized by all these sharks though, the Tigers are always somewhere nearby. When the tigers, growing to over 16 feet, come in you find yourself ignoring all the other sharks in the area and focusing on only the large, striped shark that seems to be more curious and cautious than you were expecting. Being completely surrounded by nature for the week, we know you will leave with more appreciation for the sharks, but also for the Bahamas as a whole.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 5 days, 4 nights hotel
- 3 full days of shark encounters
- Continental Breakfast & Lunch daily on the boat
- Snacks & Beverages on the boat
- Tanks, Weights, Belts
- All taxes and permits
- Only Eight (8) divers
- Amanda photo coaching
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International or domestic flights
- Meals which are not specified
- Ground transportations
- Single occupancy + $400
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities to the crew
PAYMENT & DEPOSIT POLICY
When we receive your deposit, with your confirmation we will send you a comprehensive and detailed Trip Preparation Bulletin about the experience and the destination. All trip costs are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation is confirmed.
- A non-refundable deposit of 33% of the total trip price is required to secure a place on the trip.
- Full payment is due no later than 90 days before departure.
- We reserve the right to sell any space that is not paid in full 60 days before departure. A refund will be made if the space can be filled in time, less unrecoverable costs of sales, administration, or special promotion.
- Cancellation must be made in writing.
- Deposits are non-refundable if cancellation is made 180 days or less before departure. No refunds for unused part of the itinerary.
- Dates and prices subject to change without prior notice.